NAFI BoardNAFI Staff
About National Association of Forest Industries (NAFI)
The National Association of Forest Industries (NAFI) represents companies, individuals and organisations involved in the forest and forest products industries.
NAFI represents the forest industries’ view to the Australian community, State and Federal Governments and public authorities on matters relating to the development and use of native and plantation forests and forest products; and promotes community awareness of forest industries.
NAFI aims to ensure a strong, sustainable forest industry by:
- Influencing Government policy decisions and actions in order to improve the commercial results and investment attractiveness of the forest industries;
Ensuring the needs of the Australian forest industries are reflected in the rapidly changing international framework of treaties, codes of practice, standards, conventions and legislation;
- Educating the broader community on the economic, environment and social benefits of a strong sustainable forest industry;
- Supporting and promoting innovation, research and development within forestry;
- Improving market opportunities and competitive advantage for forest products;
- Servicing the needs of its members and maximising industry involvement in NAFI.